- Listen On Demand
- On Air Schedule
- NFL on The Fanatic
- Picks Contest
- Game Calendar
- Station Info
Just for kicks I put together a quick mock draft top-10 plus what I think my Packers will do with two picks in the first round and where I expect the remaining 1st round QBs to be selected. I wouldn’t be shocked if I got less than 3 of these picks correct…but I also couldn’t resist another chance at trying to predict what these NFL teams do. Enjoy and critique away!
1. ARIZONA: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
2. SAN FRANCISCO: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
3. OAKLAND RAIDERS (projected trade with New York Jets): Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
4. NEW YORK JETS (projected trade with Oakland): Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
5. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Devin White, ILB, LSU
6. NEW YORK GIANTS: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
7. JACKSONVILLE: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
8. DETROIT: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College
9. BUFFALO: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
10. DENVER: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
Notable other draft projections:
12. GREEN BAY: Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma
15. WASHINGTON: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
22. NEW ENGLAND (projected trade with Baltimore): Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
30. GREEN BAY: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
A few quick thoughts:
-I’ve said Murray to AZ for three months now…and while I’m less certain about it now than I was a few weeks ago, I can’t go against it. If not Murray, I expect the Cardinals to take a long look at Quinnen Williams.
-The Raiders give up their second round pick (#35) to ensure they’re able to select the consensus best player in the draft in Williams.
-Why aren’t the Giants selecting a QB at 6 or 17? Because they will be acquiring Josh Rosen and pick 139 (5th rounder) from the Cardinals for pick 37 (2nd rounder).
-Ed Oliver is one of the most dominant college defensive linemen I’ve ever seen in person (and I’ve been to 158 games in person).
-To be honest, I’ve never seen Chris Lindstrom play so I’m basing that pick on the analysis of others and a need of interior lineman in Detroit.
-Haskins’ ideal situation would be in a draft and develop situation behind a veteran such as Denver. If the Broncos pass on him, the Bengals at 11 should take a long look.
-I have a sneaky suspicion that Bill Belichick finds a way to get his QB of the future by trading up in the first round.