1580AM, 99.1FM, 99.3FM and Money Radio 1510AM and 105.3FM
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by CRC Broadcasting Company (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 8145 E. Evans Rd Suite 8, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at: 1580TheFanatic.com. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or participate in the 1580 The Fanatic 2017 March Bracket Challenge Contest (“Contest”). You can enter this contest starting from approximately 6:00 P.M Sunday, March 12, 2017 (although entry may open a few hours earlier that day) through fifteen (15) minutes before the start of the first game in the first full round of the tournament on March 16, 2017. To enter, go to the contest page on the Station website, http://www.1580TheFanatic.com/, click on the Contest link, complete and submit a registration/entry form with the following information:
a. Your contact information (name, address, phone number and email address), and
b. confirmation of the following:
• Entrant represents and warrants that he/she is over 18 years of age.
• Entrant agrees and acknowledges that Station, contest sponsors and their respective affiliates, parents, employees, agents and all other related sponsors, may use for advertising and/or promotional purposes, entrant’s name, other entry materials and/or biographical information on radio, TV broadcasts, newspaper advertisements, on websites and/or any other medium in connection with participation in this contest or otherwise, without the payment of any additional compensation.
• Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the contest rules are available to him/her at cbssports1430.com, has had an opportunity to review them before entering this contest and agrees to be legally bound by those contest rules.
• Entrant will be required to agree to UPickEm terms of service pursuant to Section 19 below.
2. The entry/registration process will also require you to log into an existing account or create a free account with the game administrator, UPICKEM. You will also have option to have your Facebook profile pre-load applicable portions of the entry form but having a Facebook account is not required to enter this contest.
3. Once you register, your member ID will be the email address you provided and you will then be given the opportunity to fill out your men’s college basketball bracket which must be submitted by no later than fifteen (15) minutes before the start of the first game in the first full round of the tournament on March 16, 2017. Any player attempting to make team selections close to the deadline risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. Players may make as many changes as they desire to their selections until fifteen (15) minutes before the start of the first game in the first full round of the tournament on March 16, 2017. Once the first game in the first full round of the tournament on March 16, 2017 has started, players may not make any further changes their bracket. We are not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc. which may cause the changes to your picks to not be made.
4. FAILURE TO COMPLETE ALL BRACKETS AND SUCCESSFULLY SAVE YOUR SELECTIONS BY THE START OF THE FIRST GAME IN THE FIRST FULL ROUND OF THE TOURNAMENT ON MARCH 16, 2017 WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTIRE ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST.
5. Making Selections. Select the team that you believe will be the winner of each game of each round of the tournament before the start of the first game in the first full round of the tournament on March 16, 2017 (i.e., the round of 64 teams) and complete any information/guesses indicated as tie-breaker questions. You must select a winner for each game and provide all requested tiebreaker information or your entry will not be accepted.
There will be six separate rounds in this contest based upon the rounds of the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament and as follows (each a “Round”):
a) Round #1: 32 games between 3/16/2017 and 3/17/2017
b) Round #2: 16 games between 3/18/2017 and 3/29/2017
c) Round #3: 8 games between 3/23/2017 and 3/24/2017
d) Round #4: 4 games between 3/25/2017 and 3/26/2017
e) Round #5: 2 games on 4/01/2017
f) Round #6: 1 game on 4/03/2017
6. Limit one (1) entry per registration and limit of one (1) registration per email address.
How to Win
7. This contest requires that you determine who you think will win each round of the entire tournament before the first full round of games begins. Once the first game in the first full round of the tournament on March 16, 2017 has started, players may not make any further changes their bracket.
8. Each Round of the tournament is worth up to 64 points. There are 6 rounds in the tournament worth up to 384 points. You will receive 2 points for each First Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 4 points for each Second Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 8 points for each Third Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 16 points for each Fourth Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 32 points for each Fifth Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 64 points for picking the winner of the Championship game. If a game is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, that game shall not count for any participant and scores will be computed as if the game did not exist.
9. For each Round, the entrant who had the most points for that Round will be that Round’s contest winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules. There will be a total of six (6) Round winners (one winner for each Round). Once the tournament is over, one (1) eligible entrant who has the most number of points for all six rounds combined will win a grand prize (below), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules.
10. In the event of a tie for a Round, the winner for that Round will be randomly selected from among all tied participants in that round with the same high score.
11. In the event of a tie for the highest overall score/points for the grand prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants using the tied entrants’ selected scores for the final championship Round only: (a) the score guessed for the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score guessed for the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the “Score Approximation.” The tied participant with the lowest “Score Approximation” will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains after that tiebreaker round, the winner will be determined based on the following criteria in this order:
a) The most points earned in the Fifth Round.
b) The most points earned in the Fourth Round.
c) The most points earned in the Third Round.
d) The most points earned in the Second Round.
e) The most points earned in the First Round.
f) If there is still a tie the computer picks a random winner from the then-remaining tied players.
12. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF ANY OF THE REQUIRED TIE-BREAKERS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT COMPLETED IN THE ENTRY FORM BY A TIED PARTICIPANT (SOME TIEBREAKERS LISTED ABOVE REQUIRE FILLING OUT SPECIFIC INFORMATION THAT IS SEPARATE FROM THE BRACKETS), THAT TIED ENTRANT WILL BE DEEMED A LOSER OF THAT TIE-BREAKER (ELIMINATED) UNLESS ALL OF THE TIED ENTRANTS FAILED TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED INFORMATION..IN WHICH CASE, ALL TIED ENTRANTS WILL CONTINUE TO THE NEXT TIE-BREAKING ROUND.
13. Being in a private group has no impact on winning in this contest. It is simply for entertainment purposes. The winner within any private group is not entitled to any prizes in this contest, unless they win in accordance with these contest rules from among all of the Station entrants.
14. There will be six (6) rounds during this contest. There will be one (1) winner only for each of the six (6) rounds of this contest. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules, the one (1) winner for each of the six (6) rounds of this contest will receive a $25 Gift Card from Twin Peaks.
15. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner in this contest. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules, the one (1) Grand Prize Winner of this Contest will receive a minimum of 40″ inch TV from Best Deal AZ in Tempe, AZ. Runner up wins a $250 gift card from Twin Peaks.
Odds of Winning
16. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college hoops knowledge of all entrants.
17. This contest is sponsored by CRC Broadcasting and its sponsors.
Other Rules Specific to this Contest
19. For entertainment purposes only, one or more Station employees may talk about their picks and/or how they are doing in this contest. Such employees may appear on the Stats pages as entrants in this contest and/or winners or leaders in this contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will any Station employee be an eligible participant in this contest and shall not be entitled to win any prizes in this contest. In the event that a Station employee is selected by the UPICKEM software as a winner, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and Station will manually award the entrant with the highest score (as set forth above) to be a weekly winner in this contest.
20. Only one entry per UPICKEM account. Only one UPICKEM account per email address. Creating a UPICKEM account requires email verification.
21. Employees of UPICKEM and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest. A
22. This contest is in no way connected with, affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook or the NCAA, or any of its affiliated teams, players, or players union. All references to any basketball name or term is purely nominative and not intended to imply any connection, affiliation, or endorsement. This contest is not affiliated with or endorsed by the NCAA or any NCAA basketball team nor Facebook.
23. This game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. This game is strictly for entertainment purposes only and in connection with the contest described above.