Dox N Jox
DoxNJox Sports Medicine Radio Show-Dr. Dan Munton, Sports Medicine Physician and Co-Host brings weekly updates on National Sports Med Headlines. Tweet the hosts at: @DanMunton5 & @Michaelbpotter.
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes www.doxnjox.com
About Dr. Dan Munton
- Board certified physician in the fields of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation with subspecialty fellowship training in Sports Medicine and Interventional Spine Care.
- Bachelor’s degree from Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas, graduating with honors.
- While at Hardin-Simmons University, he was an Athletic Academic All-American baseball player.
- Medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas.
- Completed internship in Internal Medicine at Baylor University Medical Center
- Completing a four year residency program at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation serving as Chief Resident his final year.
- Completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine and Interventional Spine at the renowned Hughston Clinic under the guidance of Dr. Jack Hughston in Columbus, Georgia.
- Has been in Sports Medicine since 2000 instead of private practice.
- Teaches a university Sports Medicine course at HSU as guest faculty in the athletic training program.
- 2005 he was asked to join the medical staff at Saint Louis University where he co-founded Illini Sports Medicine which served as the Fellowship training clinic for the SLU Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program.
- He has served as a medical director and a team physician for numerous teams at the professional, collegiate and local levels including St. Louis University, Dallas Whiterock Marathon, Gateway Grizzlies professional baseball team, Hardin-Simmons University, and Columbus Cottonmouths Hockey team.
- In 2011 he founded Munton Sports Complex which houses 13 sports related businesses to include, Texas Sport and Spine, D1Abilene Physical Therapy, D1Abilene Sports Training and the Dox n’ Jox radio studio.
- Dr. Munton, who has written peer reviewed journal articles and authored and edited sports medicine textbook chapters, hopes to continue to give lectures and symposiums on the topics of sports related injuries, rehabilitation and spine care.
- His memberships have included the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; Physiatric Association of Spine, Sports and Occupational Rehabilitation; American College of Sports Medicine, and The Hughston Society.
CLICK HERE FOR PODCASTS